Lynch & Associates is a growing multi-disciplinary consulting firm with offices in New Berlin, Green Bay and Burlington, Wisconsin. Our services include civil engineering, surveying, water resources, construction and municipal services.
We provide innovative solutions through technology, inspired design and client centric customer service. Our goal is to overcome obstacles to benefit our clients and create a positive impact on everyday lives. We are currently seeking a highly motivated full-time Civil Engineering Summer Intern to assist current projects managed from our Green Bay office.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Enrolled in an Civil Engineering program, have an Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or have similar work experience
• Ability to work with shifting priorities
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
• Detail-oriented team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment
• The ability to provide overtime to meet project deadlines
Candidates would be required to perform the following tasks:
• Represent Lynch & Associates on construction sites
• Observe construction activities to ensure compliance with project specifications, engineering drawings, and common industry practice
• Work with engineers, project managers, contractors, and owner to successfully complete construction projects
• Field testing of concrete, soils, asphalt, and other construction materials may be required depending on contract and client services requested
• Prepare written Project Daily / Diary Reports on the day-to-day work performed by contractor
• Review contractor shop drawing submittals for conformance to the specifications
• Construction Material Inspection for conformance to specification and shop drawing submittals
• Calculate installed construction quantities
• Coordinate construction-related activities with the project engineers
• Generate As-Built plans and Record Drawings when required by contract
• Prepare close-out documentation items per the owner's requirements and coordinate Record Drawings with the Contractor associated with the final construction
• A personal cell phone capable of sending and receiving phone calls; cell phone use will be reimbursed per company policy
This position qualifies as a "Temporary Employee" and thus does not include benefits (holidays, vacation, sick time, etc.) per company policy.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to Erin Dalton, Corporate Assistant: email@example.com.